The Government of BC has recently begun accepting funding applications for their Launch Online Grant Program, aimed at helping small businesses in BC to launch, expand and/or update their online operations.
Outlined below are some key details and information about the program and how MarineView Media can help you navigate the grant specifications and grow your business.
Key “Launch Online Grant Program” Details:
- the grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7500.
- funds must be used to hire BC-based companies.
- expenses to build an online shop, to improve existing e-commerce platforms and digital customer acquisition activities, are eligible for funding.
- successful applicants will receive funding within 2-3 weeks of approval and are required to develop or upgrade their online operations within 12 weeks of receiving the grant.
Funding will help cover up to 75% of costs for expenses such as:
Service provider costs:
- platform and website development
- copy and online content writing
- developing an online inventory of goods and products
- pictures (including hiring a photographer), stock photos or related graphics needed
Digital customer costs:
- e-commerce platform subscription (up to 1 year)
- online advertising (up to 1 year)
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- creating banners and other embedded advertising
Staff training to manage the online shop, learn about digital marketing, etc.
How We Can Help
MarineView Media is a BC-based, web design and development company providing services that meet the expense criteria for the Launch Online Grant Program funding. If you’re a small business in BC and are interested in utilizing the new BC grant program to begin, expand or update your web presence, please contact us to find out how we can help.
For more information on the Launch Online Grant Program, please visit the official website at https://www.launchonline.com.